Knowledge and experience in service of a new vision of musical transmission.
A Visual Music Show employs musical and visual means in order to instruct, amuse, inspire and stimulate creativity in students of all ages … and renew the public of tomorrow !
VisualMusicShow, like Piccolo Opera, may be included in the pedagogical offerings that accompany an engagement of Paul Hess as conductor of your opera, ballet production or concert.
- On Stage: He presents the work…
- Visually: These live-created drawings are projected onto a large screen !
- Musically: He conducts the orchestra and plays musical excerpts at the piano…
- Pictorially: He draws while talking in order to illustrate the characters …
The show is simultaneously: a lesson, a creative event, a spontaneous demonstration of visual and musical artistic unity.
Paul Hess personifies this artistic unity and it’s realisation, representing an accessible example of creativity throughout the pedagogical journey.
Stimulates discovery and creativity…
Required materials :
Sound system on stage (microphones, orchestra, piano,…)
Remote-controlled slide projector
Piano (baby grand to concert grand)
Onstage: orchestra, chairs, music stands, stage technician
Conductor’s music stand
Since 2003, Paul Hess was invited to conduct the Orchestra del Teatro Comunale di Bologna to great acclaim, and to present his lectures in such repertoire as …
- « Pictures at an Exhibition » – Mussorgski-Ravel
- « La Cenerentola » – Rossini
- « Master Peter’s Puppet Show » – De Falla
- « La Bella dormente nel bosco » – Respighi
- « Peter and the Wolf » – Prokofiev